Note official websites of agencies, universities, courts, states, and other legislative, executive, and judicial organizations. Evaluate online resources by identifying the source of information:
- Who is the author?
- What are the author's credentials?
- Level of objectivity--an advocacy or interest group website can be a valuable source of information, unless the organization hides its mission.
- When was the website last updated and how often is it updated?
- Verify the information found
- Note that some websites (i.e. Wikipedia) can be altered by anyone